Starting each February through to the end of the summer, Central Park Farms offers point-of-lay hens for sale to farmers and backyard chicken keepers throughout the Fraser Valley and Vancouver.
Our birds are a hybrid brown egg layer that stem from a Rhode Island Red, so they are heavy producers of large brown eggs.
As with all our birds, they’re fed a locally produced non-GMO feed along with anything they can scratch at while on pasture.
The benefits of purchasing through from Central Park Farms:
- Ready-to-Lay — No need to raise up and feed chicks that aren’t yet producing
- We follow strict bio-security measures to insure a healthy flock
- Unlike large hatcheries there are no minimum orders through our farm
- Price breaks available at 5+, 10+, and 15+ hens
- Since they’re point-of-lay hens they are sexed so you don’t need to deal with unwanted roosters
- Fed a high quality non-GMO fed with no animal byproducts
If you’re lucky enough to live in a city that allows backyard chickens or you’re looking to add some birds to your property in the ALR for a property tax break, give us a call to find out more about our flock of hens.